Kirjakkala ironworks is in Salo, Southwest Finland the northwestern shore of the lake Hamarijärvi. Ironworks was founded in 1686 Governor Lorentz Creutz younger. Kirjakkala was the one operated by Teijo ironworks area for three of which the others were Mathildedal and Teijo. In 1727 Lorentz Creutz widow sold the ironworks in Teijo and Kirjakkala Colonel Klas Fleming, who also expanded its facilities in order to ensure close access to charcoal. Fleming built a new workshop, but he had consumed resources and rented Teijo ironworks, and Kirjakkala in 1733-43 in different contractors.
Kirjakkala prepared, inter alia, anchors, cart axles, nails, iron bars and the beginning of the 1900s onwards, iron buttons. Kirjakkala ironworks industrial activity slowed down gradually during the 1940s and 1950s. The final industrial operations ended in 1956 Kirjakkala badge factory fire. The new badge factory was built Teijo industrial area where it is still in operation.
There is lots of stories for example:
In the early 1900s Kirjakkala prepared secretly buttons Japanese army. Buttons fishermen were transported by boat to Sweden and the Japanese paid them.
Finland was in league with Russian and Russia was at war with the Japanese.
Kirjakkala ironworks village has been restored and is now used for tourism activities as part of Teijo National Park. The actual production of the ironworks buildings are no longer left in ruins.